If we are using RDF as data model in the system, how should it be stored?
Requirements: Scalable, fast retrieval and search, simple/understandable ...
Some links from http://www.w3.org/RDF/#developers
* A survey comparing six storage implementations http://www.w3.org/2001/05/rdf-ds/DataStore
* Five approaches to RDBMS schemas for RDF storage http://www-db.stanford.edu/~melnik/rdf/db.html
* rdfDB uses a simple, yet powerful query language - http://web1.guha.com/rdfdb/query.html
* "Metalog is a next-generation query system for metadata based on RDF" http://www.w3.org/RDF/Metalog/
Some storage related posts on the our mailing list:
* Use JDO (insert archive URL here)
* Use any backend, JDBC, LDAP, Files, whatever... (insert archive URL here)
* For storage/persistance, use plugin arcitecture with possible chaining, see:
(Read the whole message threads to get more details...)
A related issue is how to map existing RDBMS data to RDF:
* There is a short article about it at http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDB-RDF.html
Maybe this is a good way to merge from other versions of Meinds (or Jive) to the
RDF based meinds version.
This is a part of the temporary Meinds Notebook in the